Nathan Drake is to blame that I bought no Xbox

During my studies, I was obsessed from the Xbox 360. Not, because I had one and had been a defensive advocate of my hardware decision, but because I really wanted an Xbox 360.

I was in love with this chic, black console with the great gamepad, over which I had already read so much and that was a kind of mystery in my PC and Wii-dulner circle of friends than something that stood in our living room. In my case, the reason was between me and the fulfillment of my console traum, the ultimate end opponent of all student * inside: money.

So I divided. Everyone deserved by various part-time jobs, which did not flow straight into my photodesign studies, landed in my Xbox piggy bank (aka a shoe carton, on the Xbox stood) until it was finally a lot, too long time, so far. After long months of waiting, the shuffling, the Schmacht he had finally come. The day I wanted to buy an Xbox 360.

He came. And I bought a PS3. And blame is Nathan Drake.

A slow love

Between me and my Xbox 360, however, came the visit of a friend. In the luggage, in addition to a PS3, he also had Batman: Arkham Asylum and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, who he wanted to show me, because he was firmly convinced that they would like me. As it turned out, he should retain right (as well as with Mass Effect, thanks for this trauma, Peter!).

Rae Grimm @Freakingmuse

Rae has loved since her childhood adventure stories around the search for treasures in distant countries. It was therefore only a matter of time before they would expire the Uncharted series, whose (preliminary?) End you still mourn. Guilt is especially Nathan Drake, who represents their own adventure to them. Meanwhile, Rae spares a lot of time with her Xbox Series X and little time with uncharted.

I would like to say that love was at first glance between me and uncharted 2, but that's not true. Do not understand me wrong, just the action-rich start of the game made a lot of fun and its charming hero (which reminded me of Malcolm Reynolds Aka Nathan Fillion remembered my beloved Firefly) I had done to me quickly. However, it did not want to keep up right now - maybe because I had previously played the fantastic Arkham asylum and mentally hung with Batman of any blankets.

What a lasting impression Uncharted and just Nathan Drake left me with me was aware of me only in the following weeks. My thoughts repeatedly returned to the casual treasure experience, who reminded me so much to the adventurers of my childhood. Again and again they circled around the scene where Nathan is betrayed by his companion Flynn at a museum break. At this point we had broken off and I had no idea what would happen next. But I really wanted to know. I had to learn how Nathan came out of this situation. So urgent that I bought a PS3 for it.

Playable adventure lust

Neverwinter Xbox Series X Gameplay Review [Free to Play] In retrospect, my own overshoot does not surprise me. Because in the core is uncharted exactly what I have been living since my childhood: a fantastic adventure story including a charming, funny hero with a love of history. Uncharted embodies exactly what I have loved on films like the goonies, the mummy and Indiana Jones and why I fell later Lara Croft and Tomb Raider.

It was only logical that I had to expire Nathan Drake, which was similar to Lara and Indiana on the hunt for the treasures long ago. In my eyes, the treasurer was a mix of the two, a modern Indiana Jones and the playable embodiment of my own adventure lust. A nostalgic reminder of what I always wanted to be as a child: a history nerd traveling through the world, which seeks and finds the adventure in distant countries.

In addition, Nathan was incredibly charming and funny as a character, a bit nerdig and trotting. He was not perfect, but human and wrong. Realistic and coach in a way that could not offer me Lara Croft until your Reboot 2013. And he had a fantastic cast around him, who was still reinforced.

Nathan as a sun in the Uncharted Universe

Nate is best if he is not alone. Be it Sully or Elena, Chloe or Sam, Harry or Tenzin: Nathan really shines when he accompanied, with which he is in the verbal exchange. Some critics assume that he is boring alone and actually the cast is around him, the uncharted so special. I would contradict that. There are enough moments in which Nathan works alone, but everything that makes him especially here - his charm, his humor, his nerdum - is only strengthened by others.

The special feature of all characters in Uncharted is your interaction. For yourself alone, they may be interesting, really awakening to life. Especially in the course of the entire row, not only reinforce and reflect individual aspects of Nathan, but make it clear how much the adventurer changes and grows. They show a realistic change with all heights and depths, as I would like him more often in games. This is particularly reflected in the on and abs his relationship with Elena Fischer, which shows that change and growth sometimes are needed bitter, but need not mean that one loses itself.

Nathan Drake likes nothing special for many or another example of a brown-haired three-day types, as we see them so often in video games. For me, however, he is a representation of my own adventure lust, my childhood dreams and longing for distant countries.

And for those who ask themselves: I've been bought another Xbox 360, but to Nathan Drake it was just not the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The next of the control creators is their game with greater budget in the initial phases

The scary new update of Boris and the Dark Survival is now available

Fishing Adventure: Almost 20 minutes of game scenes to fishing